Welcome to The Comb
Self-Catering Terms & Conditions
Self-catering at The Comb is subject to following terms and conditions:
- Self-catering includes exclusive use of the facilities and immediate grounds of the main building at The Comb for the term of the booking. This includes:
- 10 bedrooms sleeping 20 people, all of which are en-suite.
- The courtyard and lawns immediately surrounding The Comb.
- The remaining rooms in the main building including the dining room, bar, TV lounge, dark skies balcony and bar terrace.
- Period of exclusive use to be from 4pm onwards on the day of arrival to 10am on the day of departure unless alternative times are mutually agreed.
- All linen and towels are included in the price for the main building as is cleaning and laundry. The country kitchen in the main building is fully equipped and available for use on a self-catering basis. Guests are welcome to utilise caterers for their meals if they wish provided the caterers are suitably qualified and clean the kitchen and equipment properly after use.
- Clients are required to comply with noise regulations but the nearest neighbours are around ½ mile away.
- Access to The Barn at The Comb is not included in the self-catering package.
- A damage deposit is taken and the costs of breakages or a requirement for excessive cleaning or damage to laundry will be deducted should this be applicable.
Finances and Deposits
All payment requests and invoices should be paid in full without set off whatsoever.
Upon reservation a down payment of 50% of the agreed booking price is payable before the booking is secured.
The deposit is non-refundable but in the event of cancellation, if an alternative booking is secured, the down payment less any costs incurred will be refunded.
The remaining 50% of the booking is payable on or before 30 days in advance of the wedding date.
A damage deposit will be clarified at the point of booking is payable prior to your arrival and will be refunded within 7 days of your departure subject to any deductions necessary per the terms and conditions.
The right to cancel or prevent the event is reserved in the event of the above payments not being made.
Should you require to cancel your booking with us the following charges will apply:
- If the cancellation is made more than 30 days before the first day of your trip, 50% of the total booking value is payable.
- If the cancellation is made 30 days or less before the first day of your trip, 100% of the total value of the booking is payable.
- In event of an alternative booking being secured for the dates of your trip, the above amounts may be refunded less any costs incurred.
Can The Comb cancel my booking?
Your booking may be cancelled in one or more of the following circumstances:
- If any part of the property is closed due to events beyond our control.
- If you or we become insolvent.
- If full payment has not been received within 7 days of the due dates specified above.
No self-catering weddings
The use of The Comb premises for weddings or post wedding celebrations on a self-catering hire basis is not permitted. The Comb is a fully licensed wedding venue but not on a self-catering basis, any party interested in a wedding or a post wedding celebration should enquire accordingly.
The right is reserved to cancel any booking at any time of a party found to be planning a wedding or post wedding celebration on a self-catering basis without explicitly agreeing this in advance in writing. No refund will be payable in such circumstances. In the event that a party stages such a wedding or post wedding celebration without permission, they will be liable to an additional payment of the difference between the price of a full wedding hire for the entire estate less the price paid for their booking plus a 100% premium of this difference.