Welcome to The Comb
Covid Precautions – Keeping us all safe
Welcome to the Comb and we hope you enjoy your stay with us. We are doing our utmost to ensure your holiday in Northumberland is wonderful.
Our highest priority is the health, safety, and security of our guests and our staff. COVID19 has fundamentally changed the way we live, and we are adjusting our daily protocols to fit within the new normal.
- Our cleaning team have all been briefed on Covid 19 good hygiene practices and we have introduced enhanced cleaning measures for all high contact areas such as door handles, light switches and similar. Please take a look at our Risk Assessment and Cleaning Schedule.
- On arrival at the Comb, drive up the driveway and park in the car park. Access to the Comb will be through the door in the carpark. The Comb will be opened before your arrival by the key holder and the sanitised key will be left in the lock.
- If you have any issues during your stay please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We have put procedures in place, to ensure as much as possible, that you have a safe stay and we would ask a few things from you in return.
- As per HM government & NHS guidance we politely request that you refrain from visiting The Comb should you or any member of your household start displaying any of the symptoms associated with Covid 19.
- Again per HM government guidance your party should be from no more than two households and by booking The Comb you accept responsibility for adherence with this guideline.
- We sincerely hope that you will have a happy and healthy holiday. However, should a member of your party develop symptoms, the Government advice is to return to your primary residence, and self-isolate there for a period of 7 days (14 days for the other group members). Please do let us know if you do develop symptoms, as the cleaning protocols will be different.
- Arrival and departure times must be adhered to strictly as our cleaning procedures are now taking longer as we clean and then disinfect. This is to keep you as safe as possible. Arrival time is 4pm and departure time is 10 am. Please leave the key in the lock inside and close the door behind you.
- Please take all bedding, including mattress protectors and pillow protectors, off the bed and all bath linen, including bath mats out of the bathroom and place them in the laundry bags provided in your room. Not glamorous, on the last day of your holiday, we know. However, as 7/10 people who have had the antibody test did not have any symptoms, the Government is advising we have to assume that someone in your party COULD be carrying the virus. One of the routes for contracting the virus is through the air, and it is considered that removing bedding could make the virus airborne, which is why they advise asking guests to strip the beds themselves.
- Please empty all bins (including bathroom and bedroom bins) and place into the large outside bins at the bottom of the Comb driveway.
- Please open all windows before departure to allow for ventilation of the rooms.
- Please ensure no items such as glasses, dishes etc are left in bedrooms etc. and ensure that the property is left in the clean and tidy way in which it was found.
We hope that you will have a fabulous holiday. The “new normal” may be slightly different than what we are all used to, but it is great to be able to get away again, and if we all take responsibility for minimising risk, then hopefully we won’t get locked down again!